I have a round-trip ticket but unused one-way segment, am I eligible for return segment?
Please be aware that air tickets must be used in the designated sequence, otherwise, airlines have the right to refuse carriage. If you do not use one-way segment, the return segment will become invalid. So, in order to use the return segment, passengers need to notify us by email at least 24hrs before departure date.
I purchased a ticket but not flying, how can I get refund?
Except for Web Promotion & Web Saver Class ticket are non refundable, other fare types (Web Freedom & Blue Ribbon) are refundable with fees. You can contact our customer service staff for more details of fees on each flights before we can cancel your tickets & make refund to your previously paid credit/debit card.
How to offer airfares for children?
A child under 24 months old (according to date of birth) will be charged fee which is public on website and seated with adult. A child over 24 months old (according to date of birth) will be charged 75% adult's ticket price and occupy own seat.
How can I have a receipt after completing my flight?
If you need a receipt to claim for your travel expenses, you can send us an email with necessary information, so, our customer service can help to issue a receipt/ invoices.
My baby is 1 year old, do I need to buy a ticket for her?
Infants from 14 days of age to under 24 months shall be charged fee which is public on website and seated with adult and infant sits on an adult's lap.
Can I get refund and change a ticket if purchased Web Promotion ticket?
No refund, no cancellation will applicable for Bangkok Airways Web Promotion ticket. For this fare type, you can make a date, itinerary change (fee charge occurred), but no name change allowed. You can check out the details of fare conditions on our website.
Do Bangkok Airways tickets include allowance checked baggage?
Depend on the ticket class, allowance checked baggage is included in ticket price.
- Web Promotion, Web Saver, Web Freedom includes 20 kgs. checked baggage
- Blue Ribbon includes 40 kgs checked baggage.
You can contact our customer support department by email if you want to purchase extra checked baggage.
If purchased ticket on your website, how can I change a booking, itinerary?
To change a booking, itinerary that purchased on our website, you can send us an email with your booking number or confirmation code & then let us know the new flight date or time you want to change. Our customer service staff will check & inform you back the result. The terms and conditions of fare will be applicable for the booking and itinerary change.
How can I receive a ticket once I made payment on your website?
After you made payment successfully on our website, we will send an email with booking number, confirmation code & e-tickets to email address that has been registered and provided by passenger. Make sure that you input correct email address, so we can send to you. If you are unable to receive an email of itinerary confirmation and electronic ticket, please kindly check your junk or spam box also, or you can contact our customer service officer by email or telephone for assistance.
How can I choose the best price of ticket on your website?
While seeking for the flights on our website, the system will display the lowest price of available seat to be chosen. Please check out details related to types of airfare, terms and conditions.
What should I do if purchasing more than 10 persons of one booking?
If you have a group of more than 10 passengers, you need to divide your group to ensure that you can book, purchase on our website with maximum of 9 passengers per booking. If you need assistance, you can send us an email, so, we can book on your behalf.
How many persons of one booking can I book, purchase ticket on your website?
You can book, purchase ticket of 9 persons in maximum 9 (a child under 2 years old excluded) for one booking.
Can I book, purchase ticket on your website for a child under 2 years old?
You can book, purchase ticket for a child under 2 years old who seated with adult. If you need any further assistance, please kindly contact us by email or telephone.
How long can I book, purchase ticket on your website in advance?
It's recommended that you should plan your trip & purchase your tickets in advance to secure good seats & best prices. You can book, purchase on our website 1day prior to departure time. You're required to make payment immediately to confirm your booking with us.
Which flights can I book and purchase ticket on your website?
You can book, purchase all domestic and international flights displayed on our search box. Just need to select your start, favorite destination & do the search for flight schedules.
How can I book a flight on your website?
Clients can follow our these steps below to make your booking:
Step 1. Select your trip type: One-way or round trip. Indicate the departure and destination cities, travel dates and number of people: infants, children or adults. Click on the “Search” button.
Step 2. Select your flight(s) time & fare types by clicking on “Book” button.
Step 3. In this screen you must check the information about your selected flight(s): route, departure and arrival times, date, flight number, plane type and detailed information about the fare option. Click on "Continue”.
Step 4. Fill in a booking form and confirm the passenger's information.
Step 5. Accept the “Terms & Conditions” related to the booking policy. Click on "Continue".
Step 6. Choose the payment method, enter the requested information and click “Pay”
Passengers made online payment for ticket and being charged more than once, how to solve this issue?
Please kindly note that our ticket price is listed in United States Dollars (USD), your bank may charge a conversion fee from your currency to USD. Please kindly contact your issuer bank for further information in this case. If you're charged twice for the booking made, you can contact our customer service for further checking & refund.
Which reasons of being failed to book ticket and make online payment?
The unsuccessful payment could be many reasons. Please refer to following information:
- Unregistered online payment option (for Visa card, Master card, JCB and Union Pay)
- Payment option limited / payment balance regulated by bank
- Incorrect card information input
To find reasons, please contact bank of issuing card
I made payment for ticket by credit card but failed, what should I do?
Please check input information of card number, expiry date, Security code (CSC,CVV,CVC), credit limit (daily or monthly) or ensure that your card has been registered for verify by visa or master card secure code program. If failed, please contact your issuer bank to get assistance.
How can I make payment for ticket and add-on services?
We provide secure & flexible card payment methods, including credit/debit cards (Visa, Master, JCB & Union Pay). Customers can purchase directly on our website or request us to send a secure link to pay after ticket availability is confirmed via phone or email. We are not be responsible for any fees which may be levied by the issuing bank while purchasing tickets on our website.
How can I do to book ticket for 10 persons or more?
You can divide your group under 9 & book directly on our website or else, you can send us the booking information to our email address: email@example.com
I want to send my comment, how can I do?
Your comments are very valuable to us to improve our service quality, so, please feel free to leave us your message on our Contact Us Form link at the bottom of our website or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our feedback will be within 01 working day.
How can I contact you?
At the bottom of the page you will find the Contact Us link. If you click on this link then you will find all the different ways you can contact us. Please select your preferred way.
Do I need to show my e-ticket when I check-in at the airport?
Passengers need to show e-ticket or booking code when check-in at the airport.
I could not complete web check-in process, what should I do?
In this case, Passengers please be present at the check-in counter on time.
After completing checking in online, what I need to do at the airport?
After completing checking in online, passengers need to proceed:
- If passengers want to check baggage or do not issue boarding pass in advance, they must be at counter at least 50 minutes before departure time to check baggage and issue boarding pass due to the counter will be closed 40 minutes before departure time. WEB CHECK-IN COUNTER is opened to serve passengers who make self check-in. After completing, passengers continue to security area, waiting lounge and then board to the aircraft.
- If passengers do not have baggage for checking-in and issue boarding pass by themselves, they can proceed to security area, waiting lounge and then board to the aircraft. Passengers please be present at the boarding gate 30 minutes before the departure time, the boarding gate will be closed 15 minutes before the departure time.
Passengers who self-check online by using Bangkok Airways mobile application, can use the boarding pass from mobile device, no need to print out boarding pass.
Why can't I check in online?
There are several possible reasons why you may not be able to check in online:
- Passengers may require Medical/ Special Assistance.
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Passengers traveling in a group of more than 9 persons in same reservation
- Passengers may travel on flights operated by other airlines.
- Passengers’ bookings may be not confirmed.
- Passengers’ tickets may be not paid.
- Passengers may enter incorrect information
- Passengers may not do online check-in from 24 hours to 1 hours before scheduled departure time.
When can I check in my flight?
You can check-in online before arriving at the airport. Online Check-in is available from 24 hours to 1 hour before departure.
My booking is not confirmed, can I check-in online?
Online check-in is applicable only for passengers have a valid ticket with confirmed booking.
What is Online check-in?
Online check-in is a convenient service that allows passengers to online check-in their flights with any devices that can connect to the Internet and access to Bangkok Airlines's website. With online check-in function, passengers are able to choose available seats on flight and other services by themselves.
Can I purchase extra seats?
Passengers can purchase an additional seat on Bangkok Airway's flights to accommodate special seating needs due to personal comfort, size or disability as well as carriage of cabin baggage such as music instrument, valuable or fragile articles.Please contact the Bangkok Airways reservation/call center 24 hours prior to departure time and receive the confirmation of your application. There should be a SSR code CBBG confirmed on passenger reservation.
How can I require for wheelchair assistance?
Passengers must request wheelchairs at the time of their booking, or at least 24 hours before departure date, if a wheelchair is needed.
Bangkok Airways will provide wheelchair services without any extra charges. However, please note that passengers must be able to take care of themselves during the flight. If you are unable to take care of your personal needs in-flight, one companion or escort, who can readily assist you and manage your needs, is required to accompany you on board.
Do you accept that children travel alone?
To facilitate the safe transportation of our younger passengers, Bangkok Airways provides the Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) service for minors travelling alone without a guardian that are aged between 6 to under 12 years old (on an original departure date). Children aged between 12 to under 16 years old are not specifically required to use the unaccompanied service; however, Bangkok Airways is happy to provide the service if requested.
I am a pregnant, can I travel by plane?
Passengers who are pregnant must notify the airline of their pregnancy when they purchase tickets and at check-in counters. The carriage of pregnant women depends on the following conditions:
a. Women under 27th week of their pregnancies need to provide to the medical certificate for confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy and must sign consent forms at check-in to exclude any liability on our side for any arising circumstances.
b. Women between the 27th and 32nd week of their pregnancies must:
- Present the confirmations from doctors which state the duration of their pregnancies and their health eligible to fly. The confirmation must be issued within seven (7) days of the scheduled departures of the outward or inward leg of flight, depending on the actual circumstances; and
- Sign consent forms at check-in to disclaim any liability on our side for any arising circumstances.
c. Women who are pregnant for more than 32 weeks are not to be carried on our services due to safety reason.
When can I purchase extra bagage?
Passengers who wish to purchase extra baggage allowance, can contact us by email to purchase extra bagggage. Extra baggage can be purchased at least four (4) hours prior to departure time & applied for flights operated by Bangkok Airways only
How much is your excess baggage rate charge for Thai domestic flights?
For Thailand domestic flights, THB 180 (~USD 6) per kilogram per sector will be applied ( effective from 10 June 2019 onwards)
If I fogot my hand baggage on board of the aircraft, whom I would contact with?
As soon as detecting that your hand baggage was missed or forgot on the aircraft, please contact with staffs at Lost and Found counter for supporting.
If my hand baggage is lost, will I get any compensation
Hand baggage is personal property and self-preservation by passenger during flight. Bangkok Airways will not compensate for hand baggage.
In case of my checked baggages were lost, how can I claim for them?
As soon as detecting that your checked baggage was missed, please contact with Lost and Found counter at the airport immediately. Airport's staff will take note information and instruct you the procedures to get your baggage back.
Are liquids permitted in my checked baggage?
Yes, provided that such liquids are safety and reasonable packed.
Could I carry liquids that are bought at duty free shop on board (such as beer, alcohol,e.g.)?
You can carry the liquids which are bought at duty free shop on board provided that the containers for any liquids carried on board in hand baggage must be carried in a separate, clear-plastic, zip-top or re-sealable bag; the bag must not have a capacity exceeding 1 liter.
Note: the total weight of hand baggage is 05kgs, including duty free items.
Which items passengers be not allowed to carry on-board?
The following items which in a passenger’s possession may be considered as weapons or dangerous objects and are not accepted as carry-on luggage:
- All knives, including hunting knives and others;
- Bludgeons, blackjacks, billy clubs or similar instruments;
- Any other device or object not commonly viewed as dangerous, but the possession of which suggests that it may be used as a weapon, namely, ice picks, straight (cut-throat) razors, long-blade scissors, etc.
How many pieces or kilograms of allowance baggage can I carry on-board?
Passengers (except children aged under 02 years old), are allowed to carry one main piece and one small item with the maximum total weight of Five (5) kilograms on board (applied to all types of tickets). The main piece must be not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm in dimensions.
- Hand baggage must be able to be fitted under seats or in on-board baggage compartments. Baggage which we considers to exceed the weight and dimensions specified, will not be carried on board.
How many pieces or kilograms of allowance baggage (free of charge) can I check?
Bangkok Airways offers free checked baggage allowance for flights, accordingly
- Economy Class (Web Promotion, Web Saver, Web Freedom) : Maximum weight allowances is 20 kilograms for adult and child / 10 kilograms for infant.
- Blue Ribbon Class (Business Class) : Maximum weight allowance is 40 kilograms for adult and child / 10 kilograms for infant.
Can I use a COVID-19 test result other than RT-PCR to enter Thailand?
No. Your COVID-19 test result must be obtained using the RT-PCR testing technique (ATK is not permitted) and issued within 72 hours before your travel only.
Do I need to submit my COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) into Thailand Pass?
No. However, you must provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) issued within 72 hours before your travel to the officers at the airport, except if you are a Thai national arriving in Thailand through Alternative Quarantine. For others, failure to provide your COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) may result in you being denied entry into Thailand. Please note that your test result must be in hard copy and in Thai or English language only.
What are AQ and SHA+ hotels?
- AQ hotels are the hotels eligible to be used as quarantine sites under the AQ scheme as well as designated venues to wait for your RT-PCR result under the Exemption from Quarantine scheme.
- SHA+ hotels / accommodations are hotels that meet the “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration” standards and are eligible to be used as hotels under the Sandbox Programme and as venues to wait for your RT-PCR result under the Exemption from Quarantine scheme.
- The list of SHA+ / AQ hotels can be accessed through the following link: https://bit.ly/3556nel
I have previously been infected with COVID-19; can I travel to Thailand?
- Yes. Those previously infected with COVID-19 are considered fully vaccinated if they have received a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine within 3 months after their recovery. In this case, your proof or medical record of COVID-19 recovery must be submitted alongside your single-dose vaccination certificate.
- If you have been fully vaccinated before contracting COVID-19, you are still considered to be fully vaccinated.
Do I need to submit both the certificates of my 1st and 2nd doses of vaccination?
Yes. You need to submit both the certificates of your 1st (1/2) and 2nd (2/2) doses of vaccination.
Does Thailand recognize mixed vaccination?
- 1st dose (Sinovac) = 2nd dose after 2 weeks
- 1st dose (AstraZeneca) = 2nd dose after 4 weeks
- 1st dose (Pfizer-BioNTech = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
- 1st dose (Moderna) = 2nd dose after 4 weeks
- 1st dose (Sinopharm) = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
- 1st dose (Sputnik V) = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
*To be considered fully vaccinated, your 2nd dose must be administered at least 14 days before your travel.
*Those vaccinated with Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine do not need to receive their 2nd dose to be considered fully vaccinated.
What are the vaccines approved by Thailand?
The vaccines approved by Thailand include:
- CoronaVac (Sinovac)
- COVILO (Sinopharm)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Sputnik V
My children are unvaccinated; can they enter Thailand through the same scheme as their parents?
- For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme, all persons aged 12 or over must have a vaccination certificate confirming that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before their travel in order to be able to enter Thailand.
- For Sandbox Programme, all persons aged 18 or over must have a vaccination certificate confirming that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before their travel in order to be able to enter Thailand.
What are the required documents for Thailand Pass registration?
Requirements vary depending on the scheme which you are planning to enter Thailand. Details are as follows:
Exemption from Quarantine
(Test and Go)
(Minimum coverage 50,000 USD)
* Expats living and working in Thailand under a valid visa or residential permit are required to provide proof of insurance coverage in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD or valid social security card or certifying letter from employer.
* Thai nationals are not required to provide proof of insurance coverage.
SHA+/AQ for 1 day
SHA+ for 7 days
AQ for 10 days
** The applicant is also required to have an RT-PCR test result that is issued within 72 hours before departure and bring the results to present to the Health Control station upon arrival. This requirement is not required for Thai nationals entering under the AQ scheme. Please note that your test result must be in hard copy and in Thai or English language only.
If I am travelling to Thailand in order to transit to other country / territory (not passing through the immigration control), do I need to register with Thailand Pass?
No. However, you must have a proof of insurance with minimum coverage of at least 50,000 USD and COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before your travel.
I am having problem accessing Thailand Pass on mobile device, what should I do?
- If you have problem accessing Thailand Pass on mobile device, please access the site on Desktop mode or on your PC.
What if I do not have a mobile phone, how could I present my Thailand Pass QR Code?
If you do not carry a mobile phone with the QR Code, you may print out a hard copy of the QR code and bring it with you to present it to the officers at the airport. Preferably, you could register with Thailand Pass on your PC and print out the QR Code
Thailand Pass does not let me upload my files in .pdf, what should I do?
Due to the technicalities of the document verification process, Thailand Pass only permits picture file format (e.g. .jpeg, .jpg) to be uploaded onto the system with a maximum file size of 5MB. Applicants are advised to convert their PDF files into picture files format.
Do I need to register with Thailand Pass if I plan to travel to Thailand by land or sea?
No. Currently, Thailand Pass is for those who plan to travel to Thailand by air only. Passengers who plan to arrive by land or sea must contact the Royal Thai Embassy / Royal Thai Consulate-General in your area for COE issuance.
Can I travel in Thailand freely if I have entered through the Exemption from Quarantine scheme / Sandbox Programme / Alternative Quarantine?
- Exemption from Quarantine scheme: You can travel to any destination in Thailand if the RT-PCR test conducted on your day of arrival is negative.
- Sandbox Programme: You can travel freely in the Sandbox area for the duration of 7 days if the RT-PCR test conducted on your day of arrival is negative (can stay in the province that your hotel is located only, travelling across different Sandbox areas is not permitted). Once you have completed your 7-day mandatory stay at SHA+ hotel within the Sandbox area, you can travel to any destination in Thailand.
- Alternative Quarantine scheme (without vaccination): You will need to undergo your 10-day mandatory quarantine at your AQ hotel / accommodation. Once you have completed your 10-day mandatory quarantine, you can travel to any destination in Thailand.
I am traveling as a family or a group, can I submit one application for the whole family/group?
No, except for travelling with children as the conditions below.
- For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme, everyone aged 12 or over must submit an individual registration through Thailand Pass. Children aged under 12 can be added into their parents’ registration under the section Personal Information.
- For Sandbox Programme, everyone aged 18 or over must submit an individual registration through Thailand Pass. Children aged under 18 can be added into their parents’ registration under the section Personal Information.
Can I change my travel itinerary once I have registered and received my QR code? Will my QR Code remain valid?
Yes. However, flight changes are permitted within 72 hours from the original flight time registered in the Thailand Pass without the need to apply for a new Thailand Pass QR Code, provided that all other required documents remain valid.
How long does the approval process take with Thailand Pass?
It is required that applicants submit their registration at least 7 days before their intended travel date. Applicants with vaccine certificates from 30 countries / territories that share their PKI QR Code information with Thailand can expect their applications to be automatically approved; for others, the process may take 3 to 7 days.
Is registration in Thailand Pass required for all 3 schemes traveling into Thailand?
Effective from 1 November 2021, all travelers arriving in Thailand by air are required to register with Thailand Pass in order to travel into Thailand.